Employability & Construction Tutor
Closing Date31st March, 2020
Interlearn is a national independent training provider of NVQ, Apprenticeships and short programmes. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s leading private training providers in key sectors such as transport & logistics, food & drink, manufacturing & production and professional services . As a flexible, entrepreneurial young business, working for InterLearn brings many benefits, not least a competitive salary and overall generous remuneration package.
We are currently recruiting for a highly organised, qualified Tutor/Assessor to join our team, who can deliver Level 2 Personal Development in Employability and Level 1 Award in Health and Safety within a Construction Environment.
You will be responsible for the training, reviewing and monitoring of learners on employability and construction related programmes up to Level two. Integral to this will be the requirement to accurately maintain all documentation associated with the learner and the course. This will include the management of learner files and the tracking of relevant paperwork.
You will be a classroom based tutor and mentor to groups of unemployed students and be results driven to achieve a target of learner completions. This role will require you to support learner performance as well as helping to build candidate portfolios.
- To deliver classroom-based regulated and non-regulated employability and construction-related training to unemployed residents from across Worcestershire
- To upskill unemployed learners and support their progression into employment or further/higher education.
- To stretch and challenge learners whilst embedding functional skills.
- To use a range of teaching and learning techniques to engage and motivate learner success, achieving a grade 2 as minimum in all OTLAs.
- To ensure each learner is following the agreed programme, delivering high standards and achieving outcomes within the expected timeframe.
- To report any disciplinary and/or classroom/learner management issues, flagging high risk learners to the management team at InterLearn.
- To adapt delivery and assessment to meet the broad range of learning requirements including the needs of those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- To be compliant with business systems and procedures as required
- To maintain professional knowledge in the subject/sector specialism and models of curriculum development. Attend training courses to further your personal development and knowledge
- To have effective awareness of raising attendance, retention and achievement of course participants
- To provide professional customer service to external and internal customers
- To ensure that all the compliance and process requirements of funding partners are met in full
- To perform any ad-hoc duties which the company considers to be reasonable.
- To implement and administer all assessment and quality assurance procedures as directed by the Awarding Organisations, across specialist sectors.
- To lead the development, planning and delivery of our short course programme.
- To work closely with the sales team by actively seeking and referring new business development leads.
- To respond actively to curriculum development and new programme initiatives when proposed by Interlearn.
- Complete all relevant funding documentation and administration tasks accurately and timely
- To be mindful of own personal safety and the safety of learners and colleagues in line with The Safe Guarding Policy and to report any areas for concern as appropriate
- To embed British Values, Equality and Diversity, Employability and Health and Safety into all programme delivery
QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience and occupational competence in all of the following sectors:
- Warehousing, Customer Service and Construction
- Holds a relevant subject area qualification that could include any of the following:
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- Highfield Level 4 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health or above
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- Maintains appropriate continued professional development for the subject area
- Teacher Training Qualification (e.g. Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector –PTLLS/Cert Ed) or the willingness to work towards one
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above or equivalent
- Basic IT knowledge (including all Microsoft packages)
SKILLS & QUALITIES:
- A valid DBS or willing to apply for a new one
- Full UK driving licence and use of own car, your car must be insured for business travel
- Energy, enthusiasm, adaptability and commitment
- Flexibility over working hours
- Adhere to policies on Health & Safety, Safeguarding Equality and Diversity
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow processes
- Work well under pressure
- Self-starter, well-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to relate to young people.
- Takes responsibility for their own work, accepts feedback in a positive way, uses initiative and shows resilience.
- Plans required resources to successfully deliver projects
- Uses the most appropriate channels to communicate effectively and accurately
- Ability to work towards deadlines and manage priorities and time effectively
- Highest levels of integrity and honesty